As the days stretch a little longer, temperatures start to rise, and the countdown to spring is finally over, Discover Lehigh Valley®, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and driving tourism to Lehigh and Northampton counties is encouraging visitors near and far to come visit Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania to explore the many outdoor activities the area has to offer.
From families traveling with young children, to groups of friends looking to taste along the lush wineries of the Lehigh Valley Viticultural Area, to avid outdoor enthusiasts ready to conquer their next hiking or biking trail, everyone can find the perfect spring trip in Lehigh Valley.
“It’s officially that time of the year when temperatures are warming up, the hustle and bustle of the spring season begins and folks are craving a warm escape,” said Alex Michaels, President & CEO for Discover Lehigh Valley. “Spring in Lehigh Valley is when things truly come to life, we see families rally together to enjoy the limitless outdoor activities the region has to offer, and visitors can celebrate the season with a crisp beverage and a picturesque view at one of our award-winning wineries. For those looking to satisfy their urge to travel, Lehigh Valley’s endless activities are waiting for you.”
Discover Lehigh Valley welcomes visitors to check out these popular local attractions:
- Attention sports lovers! Mark your calendars for the Lehigh Valley IronPigs Opening Day taking place on Tuesday, April 4th. This epic sports event is a perfect, affordable experience your whole family will enjoy! IronPig baseball games are filled with live entertainment, delicious on-site food options, and guaranteed baseball excitement all night long.
- Here comes the sun! As the warm weather approaches and the flowers begin to bloom, Lehigh Valley’s beloved outdoor Farmers Markets await your arrival. From locally grown produce to specialty drinks, food trucks, live music and entertainment, and artisan crafts and decor, you can shop for hours. Humming with activity, local goods, and hundreds of seasonal fruits and vegetables to pick from, top markets include: Easton Farmers’ Market, Bethlehem Rose Garden Farmers Garden, Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market, among others.
- For those with a need for speed, Valley Preferred Cycling Center is the destination for you! The center features future stars, Olympians, and is the perfect way for your family to start the weekend with entertaining bike racing and more. Valley Preferred Cycling Center is not just a cycling venue as they host a variety of great events year round. Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 20th for Breakaway Bierfest, an event hosted by the center where attendees can enjoy an afternoon filled with local and imported beers from Shangy’s the Beer Authority. Be sure to purchase your tickets here. For those wanting to feel the wind and adrenaline rush, don’t miss the Easton Twilight Criterium on Saturday, May 27. Here, spectators will see speedy turns, uphill pedaling, and cyclists zipping through the streets of Easton.
- For visitors looking to immerse themselves in musical culture, the Bethlehem Bach Festival is for you. Taking place May 19-20, the festival is a glorious tradition treasured by thousands since its premiere in 1900. The festival includes guest artists-in-residence, featured young musicians, lectures, and chorale sings with the audience.
- Raise your glass, Lehigh Valley! This year, enjoy the plethora of wineries the Lehigh Valley has to offer by visiting the Lehigh Valley Viticultural Area.This is the perfect getaway for wine connoisseurs near and far. Experience the local taste the area has to offer with more than 230 planted acres and over 30 wineries!
- Dive into the heritage and unique environment of Lehigh Valley along the renowned 165-mile Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor, comprised of railroads, canals, rivers and trails. The Lehigh Valley section of the D&L Trail is about 48 miles spanning the central region and has adventures for everyone, including biking, hiking, kayaking or visiting its unique Canal Museum.
- Lace up your sneakers and enjoy a scenic hike along the many other Lehigh Valley Trails. Be whisked away from your daily routine, and step outside and discover! Visit the natural landmarks that have brought visitors back time and time again. Take in the beauty of Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, Columcille Megalith Park, among other charming local trails.
- Attention adventure seekers and those craving some outdoor fun. Enjoy the return of your favorite rides, slides, and more as Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom opens back up on May 13, 2023. Whatever your thrill level may be, there is plenty of fun to be had for the entire family!
- You don't have to travel far to get a glimpse of unique animals! Located within Lehigh Valley’s Trexler Nature Preserve, you’ll find all you’re looking for and more at the Lehigh Valley Zoo. Home to more than 300 animals representing over 100 species, the zoo offers unforgettable and memorable visits among wildlife and nature.
For a full look at all things happening in Lehigh Valley, visit DiscoverLehighValley.com and for more things to do and follow @LehighValleyPa on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley®, the official destination marketing organization of Pennsylvania’s Lehigh and Northampton counties, is dedicated to driving economic growth and strengthening local pride through tourism to the region. Just 60 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City, Lehigh Valley is home to must-see attractions and festivals, world-class sporting events, thrilling outdoor recreation, renowned colleges and universities, and historic sites including Bethlehem, a National Historic Landmark District and nominee on the U.S. Tentative List for World Heritage Designation. Many of America’s favorite brands such as Crayola®, Peeps®, Mike & Ike®, Martin Guitars, Mack Trucks and Olympus reign from Lehigh Valley. VisitDiscoverLehighValley.com and follow @LehighValleyPa.