Wide selection of arts, culture, food, service, lodging options available to celebrate Valentine’s Day with special someone
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa. (January 18, 2010) – Celebrating the most romantic day of the year just became a bit simpler – and more affordable – with “Be My Valley Valentine” discount packages (www.tinyurl.com/valleyvalentine) featuring select destinations in Lehigh Valley.
Even sweeter: many of the offers last the entire month of February, offering lovebirds multiple opportunities to escape conveniently to Lehigh Valley, which is only an hour north of Philadelphia and less than two hours west of New York City. (Please see details and restrictions at http://tinyurl.com/valleyvalentine before making purchases or reservations.)
Arts & Culture
- Allentown Symphony Orchestra - 10% discount (box office or online) to Feb. 13 and 14 performances of Romeo And Juliet using the promo code “VALENTINE”
- State Theatre (Easton) - $70 for two tickets to Michael Amante ($20 saving off of original two ticket price) on Feb. 13.
- Zoellner Arts Center (Bethlehem) - One complimentary admission to Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour (Feb. 20) when a second admission of equal or greater value is purchased.
Lodging Special accommodations range from Jacuzzi suites with amenities including chocolates, champagne, flowers, keepsake glasses, and complimentary breakfast. Participating locations: Allentown Comfort Suites, Comfort Suites – Bethlehem, Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites Allentown Airport, Hampton Inn – Easton, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hotels (Allentown), Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lehigh Valley Airport, The Lafayette Inn (Easton), Ramada Inn (Whitehall), Steckel House Bed & Breakfast (Bath), TownePlace Suites Bethlehem/Easton. Offerings and cost vary by location. See http://tinyurl.com/vvlodging for details.
Restaurants What’s more romantic than dinner for two? Lehigh Valley restaurants are offering everything from complimentary desserts and champagne to multi-course meals and special discounts. Participating eateries include: Allentown Brew Works, Braveheart Highland Pub, Buckeye Tavern (Macungie), Edge Restaurant Bar & Lounge (Bethlehem), King George Inn (Allentown), Made in Brazil – Brazilian Steak House (Allentown), Rascal’s Food and Fun (Allentown). Details for each restaurant are at http://tinyurl.com/vvdining.
- American Hairlines Body and Soul (Bethlehem) – One-hour deep tissue massage and use of the spa facility, complete with sauna, whirlpool, steam room at fitness center for the day. $100 per couple.
- Monsoon Gallery (Bethlehem) - Receive 15% off your fine jewelry or watch purchase through Feb. 28.
- Cherry Valley Vineyards (Saylorsburg) - 15% off wine by the glass or on bottles.
- Easton Main Street Initiative - 4th Annual Chocolate Lovers’ Soiree, Friday, January 30, from 7 – 10 p.m. featuring decadent chocolate desserts created by the Valley’s premier chefs.
- Ironton Livery and Coach - Take a relaxing, romantic horse drawn carriage ride through the village of Ironton. 15, 30, and 45 minute rides available.
- The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley (Center Valley) - Shop and Stay package at participating hotels includes goodie bag with $50 gift card and tasty treats.
Lehigh Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau is the designated tourist promotion agency of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to develop and promote Lehigh Valley as a leisure destination and as a destination for meetings and conventions for the area’s economic benefit. For more information on LVCVB or to request a Lehigh Valley Map & Guide, call (800) 747-0561 or visit the official tourism Web site of Lehigh Valley at www.LehighValleyPA.org.
MEDIA ONLY: To request photos of Lehigh Valley Valentine’s Day attractions and events, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Most of the discounts – other than events and performances – are available for the entire month of February.