Discover Lehigh Valley Releases 2015 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide
Guide to area attractions, restaurants, and events, gets even more exciting.
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa. (January 13, 2015) – Discover Lehigh Valley’s 2015 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide is packed with fun, information, coupons, a new Stay & Save promotion aimed at families, in-depth articles on perennial favorites and brand-new hot spots, and so much more.
This year’s brochure includes a special feature on Allentown’s rebirth, including a striking cover image of the new PPL Center in the city’s downtown area. The PPL Center is home to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League, and has already been the site of concerts by the Eagles and Tom Petty and family shows such as Disney on Ice. The PPL Center is the centerpiece in Allentown’s renaissance, surrounded by high end and family restaurants, arts, attractions, and propelled by the Center City Investment Corporation.
The guide’s first pages feature just what makes up Lehigh Valley, including interesting and historical city facts for Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton as well as important items, such as transportation and airport information.
The strikingly redesigned guide also features sample itineraries for the perfect trip to Lehigh Valley, tips on where to get the best brews in town, and ways to save money when in the area.
New icons throughout the guide make it easier to find locations that are ADA compliant, have meeting space, and are group tour friendly.
Other sections include:
- Bottoms Up – Find out more about the all-new Lehigh Valley Ale Trail and which spots in Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton serve your favorite pints
- The Perfect Trip to Lehigh Valley – Whether you’re planning a romantic getaway, a trip with the family to the Crayola Experience™, or a summer weekend at Musikfest, we’ve got you covered with some fun ideas.
- The “Dish” on Our Local Favorites – Discover Lehigh Valley staff members share their favorite dishes in this fun piece.
- ArtsQuest™ Center at SteelStacks™ – Find out how the nation’s former largest brownfield was transformed into Lehigh Valley’s center for arts and entertainment.
- The Karl Stirner Arts Trail – Not to be outdone, Easton’s resurgence is surrounded by the beautiful Karl Stirner Arts Trail, which showcases local and regional artists along the Bushkill Creek.
- Lehigh Valley Sports – Lehigh Valley has it all, from professional hockey with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms to professional baseball with the Triple A Lehigh Valley IronPigs, to indoor football with the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks and even world-class cycling at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center, you’d be hard pressed to find a sport that wasn’t played.
The “Stay & Save” section of the Official Visitors Guide details the area’s five most popular travel packages which include:
- Stay & Create (Crayola Experience™) – This brand new package gives visitors access to a special 25 percent discount off attraction tickets that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Stay & Ski – (for winter 2015-16) Includes overnight accommodations and a voucher for your choice of skiing, snowboarding or snow tubing at Blue Mountain or Bear Creek Mountain Resort.
- Stay & Scream (Dorney Deals) – While package prices and features vary by hotel, some include tickets to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, while others offer park tickets at a discounted rate off the gate price.
- Stay & Investigate – Paranormal investigating has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity and Discover Lehigh Valley has partnered with local destinations to accommodate paranormal enthusiasts and skeptics alike.
- Stay & Game – The Bethlehem Steel inspired Sands® Bethlehem features slots, live table games and upscale dining. The hotel on site is home to more than 300 rooms, including 16 Executive Suites, six Presidential Suites and 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. The Outlets at Sands® Bethlehem is home to more than 30 premium, brand-name retailers. And, the Sands® Bethlehem Event Center brings in the best in music and comedic acts. Experience all Sands® Bethlehem has to offer with any one of these special package options.
Other sections include an Events Calendar, Coupons, and Maps as well as Play, Stay, Shop, Eat, Travel Support, and Discover, highlighting the best Lehigh Valley has to offer.
Discover Lehigh Valley corporate sponsors, denoted in red listings throughout the guide, include Air Products & Chemicals, Inc., Alvin H. Butz, Inc., C.F. Martin & Co., Clear Channel Airports, Coordinated Health, Crayola, Inc., Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, EBC Printing, The Express-Times / lehighvalleylive.com, Just Born, Inc., Lehigh Valley Health Network, Morning Call, National Penn Bank, PPL Corporation, Sands® Bethlehem, and St. Lukes University Health Network.
The 2015 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide is complimentary and can be requested by calling 610-882-9200 or 1-800-MEET-HERE or visiting DiscoverLehighValley.com. A downloadable PDF version is available on the site. Guides are also distributed at more than 70 brochure racks located in hotels, visitors centers, and at select attractions throughout the region.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley is the designated destination marketing organization (DMO) of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to promote and develop Lehigh Valley as a leisure and business travel destination. Created in 1984, Discover Lehigh Valley assists in promoting regional tourism, an industry that generates $1.9 billion in annual revenue and accounts for more than 22,000 jobs in Lehigh Valley. For more information on Discover Lehigh Valley and its activities or to request a Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide, call 1-800-MEET-HERE, or visit the official tourism website of Lehigh Valley at DiscoverLehighValley.com.