Discover Lehigh Valley Releases 2014 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide
Guide to local restaurants, attractions and events gets more fun
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa. – Discover Lehigh Valley’s 2014 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide is full of fun from start to finish. That’s no more evident than the mascot-filled cover that shines a light on what makes the Visitors Guide a comprehensive overview of activities, events and attractions in the two-county, three-city region in eastern Pennsylvania.
This year’s brochure includes a special feature highlighting Lehigh Valley’s mascots, posed in front of ArtsQuest™ Center at SteelStacks™ in Bethlehem, including Just Born Inc.’s famous PEEP™, The Crayola Experience’s™ Tip the crayon, the Lehigh Valley Phantom’s loveable Dax, and the Lehigh Valley IronPigs’ famous Ferrous and Fefe.
The guide’s first pages feature just what makes up Lehigh Valley, including fun and historical city facts for Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton as well as important items, such as transportation and airport information.
The fun, all newly designed guide also features a section aimed at pet-friendly Lehigh Valley locations entitled “Have Dog Will Travel” which highlights the best places to play with man’s best friend.
Other sections include:
• Main Street Lehigh Valley – Highlighting the numerous cities and boroughs that make Lehigh Valley full of hometown charm.
• Outdoor Adventure at its Best! – A guide for those who love hitting the parks for picnics, or the Valley Preferred Cycling Center for two wheeled action.
• Hiking & More – Strap on those boots, there are enough trails and hiking spots in Lehigh Valley that one weekend won’t even get you started.
• Foodie Frenzy – Lehigh Valley is a burgeoning alfresco and BYOB dining location, and we make sure you know the best spots to do both.
• Lehigh Valley Food on TV – Did you know that Lehigh Valley residents have appeared on numerous national television cooking shows? You will now.
• Go on Tour – View Lehigh Valley’s covered bridges, haunted locations, Log Cabin Trail, and more with guided and self-guided tours.
The “Stay & Save” section of the Official Visitors Guide details the area’s five most popular travel packages:
• Stay & Play golf – Showcasing some of the region’s finest golf courses and hotels that make for the perfect fairway filled getaway.
• Stay & Ski – (for winter 2014-15) Includes overnight accommodations and a voucher for your choice of skiing, snowboarding or snow tubing at Blue Mountain Ski Area or Bear Creek Mountain Resort.
• Stay & Scream (Dorney Deals) – While package prices and features vary by hotel, some include tickets to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, while others offer park tickets at a discounted rate off the gate price.
• Stay & Investigate – Paranormal investigating has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity and Discover Lehigh Valley has partnered with local destinations to accommodate paranormal enthusiasts and skeptics alike.
• Stay & Game – The Bethlehem Steel inspired Sands® Bethlehem features slots, live table games and upscale dining. The hotel on site is home to more than 300 rooms, including 16 Executive Suites, six Presidential Suites and 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. The new Outlets at Sands Bethlehem is home to more than 30 premium, brand-name retailers. And, the Sands Bethlehem Event Center brings in the best in music and comedic acts. Experience all Sands® Bethlehem has to offer with any one of these special package options.
Other sections include Coupons, Maps and Play, Stay, Shop, and Eat, highlighting the best Lehigh Valley has to offer.
The Official Visitors Guide also highlights events happening throughout Lehigh Valley during the year and offers travel support solutions.
The 2014 Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide is complimentary and can be requested by calling 610-882-9200 or 1-800-MEET-HERE or visiting DiscoverLehighValley.com. Guides are also distributed at more than 60 brochure racks located in hotels and at select attractions throughout the region.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley is the designated destination marketing organization (DMO) of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to promote and develop Lehigh Valley as a leisure and business travel destination. Created in 1984, Discover Lehigh Valley assists in promoting regional tourism, an industry that generates $1.857 billion in annual revenue and accounts for more than 22,000 jobs in Lehigh Valley. For more information on Discover Lehigh Valley and its activities or to request a Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide, call (800) MEET-HERE, or visit the official tourism website of Lehigh Valley at DiscoverLehighValley.com.
George Wacker, Communications Manager