Tom JeBran, President of Trans-Bridge, Inc., Honored by American Bus Association for Six Years of Service
The Board of Directors and membership of the American Bus Association (ABA) recognized outgoing Board of Directors Chairman, Tom JeBran, President of Trans-Bridge Lines, Inc., at ABA’s annual Marketplace/Board of Directors meeting, held this year in St. Louis, January 10-13. He has served ABA for six years; three as Chairman and three as Vice-Chairman. While his term as Chairman has expired, Mr. JeBran was elected to a new three-year term, to serve on the Board of Directors. He will continue to serve on the Executive Committee as the Past-Chairman and Chairman of the Governance Committee.
Under Mr. JeBran’s leadership, ABA and the motorcoach industry made significant gains in Congress and before federal agencies concerning a variety of regulatory issues, and ABA continues to grow.
– ABA was heavily engaged in the federal rule that put seatbelts on new motorcoaches manufactured beginning in 2016, but without retrofitting older motorcoaches. Since 2008, most newly built motorcoaches have had seatbelts installed.
– ABA led a coalition of other transportation industry associations to have legislation passed by Congress and signed by President Obama. The law prevented the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration from enacting rules, beyond the agency’s usual scope, concerning sleep apnea.
– ABA in 2014 delayed FMCSA action to raise motorcoach insurance minimums.
– ABA worked with lawmakers to preserve the motorcoach industry’s partial fuel tax exemption.
– ABA continues to see year-to-year membership growth, and ABA members operate two-thirds of all motorcoaches on America’s highways and roads.
– ABA is also the only motorcoach association that requires its members to obtain and keep the highest safety rating, Satisfactory, from FMCSA, as a requirement to remain in the association.
– ABA’s 2014 Marketplace in Nashville was a record setting event, as companies and individuals that attended booked nearly $130 million dollars in annual business.
“Tom JeBran has been a great partner to work with as ABA’s Chairman for three years. We have spent hundreds of hours together, and his leadership and attention to detail always is a huge asset to the industry. Tom joins a long list of great ABA Chairman I have served with during my 18 years as President and CEO. Our industry has made great strides during his chairmanship,” said ABA President/CEO Peter J. Pantuso. “I am pleased Tom will remain on the Board of Directors for another three-year term and will continue to provide advice and counsel to all of us, especially now having the perspective of being the Chairman. The entire industry is grateful to Tom for his unselfish service.”
About the American Bus Association
The American Bus Association (ABA) is the trade organization of the intercity bus industry, with more than 1,000 motorcoach and tour company members in the United States and Canada. Its members operate charter, tour, regular route, airport express, special operations and contract services. Another 2,800 members are travel and tourism organizations and suppliers of bus products and services who work in partnership with the North American motorcoach industry.
About Trans-Bridge Lines, Inc.
Trans-Bridge Lines, and its related company Lehigh Valley Motorcoach, operate daily bus service to New York City, Newark and JFK Airports from the Lehigh Valley and Doylestown area and provide charter coach service, including a 24-passenger luxury coach. Trans-Bridge also offers daily trips to the Manhattan and Bayonne, NJ piers. Trans-Bridge Tours, Inc., an affiliated company, offers deluxe tours throughout the United States and Canada, air and cruise vacation packages, and Atlantic City and Pennsylvania casino trips.
Contact: Amanda Bakelaar, PR & Marketing Coordinator
610-868-6001 ext. 178