SteelStacks Hosting ‘Taste of the Wild’ Culinary Experience June 3
BETHLEHEM—Elk Wellington, Pheasant and Waffles, and Rabbit Sausage Sliders are among the delicious offerings guests can sample during the new “Taste of the Wild” culinary event at SteelStacks June 3, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tickets for the event, which will also provide unique opportunities for guests to meet the education animals and staff of Lehigh Valley Zoo, cost $38 for ArtsQuest Members and $40 for the public; they are on sale now at steelstacks.org and 610-332-3378.
At Taste of the Wild, attendees will enjoy a variety of game and fish inspired hors d’oeuvres crafted especially for the event by ArtsQuest Center Executive Chef Michael Hoffman, while getting up close and personal with animals like an African penguin, three banded armadillo, crowned crane, birds of prey, reptiles and more. All animals will be presented by the Lehigh Valley Zoo’s educational staff, which will be on hand to share information on the animals, their habitat and conservation success stories. The evening will also include a cash bar, as well as the sounds of Fleetwood Mac tribute TUSK, performing live on the Levitt Pavilion stage at 7:30 p.m.
The Taste of the Wild menu includes:
- Wild Salmon Lox with Dill Cream on a Naan Crostini Lightly smoked and cured wild-caught salmon over whipped dill cream resting on a naan bread crostini
- Venison Skewers Lightly smoked venison seared and seasoned to perfection just like over a campfire
- Pheasant and Waffles with a Pan Gravy Crema Light and crunchy fried pheasant over a savory waffle, topped with pan gravy crema
- Rabbit Sausage Sliders Grilled rabbit sausage patty served with a creamy housemade slaw on a brioche bun
- Elk Wellingtons with Wild Mushroom Duxelles, Demi and Puff Pastry Cup Tender back strap of elk simmered slowly in a demi-glace sauce and served over a wild mushroom duxelles in a phyllo cup
- Spanakopita Spinach, feta and garlic wrapped in a perfectly baked phyllo package
- Wild Mushrooms Stuffed with a Caribbean Quinoa Silver dollar mushrooms seasoned and roasted stuffed with a citrus and jerk seasoned quinoa
- Mini Cheese Cakes
- Assorted Petit Fours
- Assorted Mini Cannolis, Eclairs and Puff Pastries
Proceeds from Taste of the Wild will go to support Step Outdoors Lehigh Valley presented by Lehigh Valley Zoo, the free community festival taking place at SteelStacks June 4-5. Launched last year, Step Outdoors is designed to encourage children and families to get outdoors, as well as learn about the many wildlife, outdoors and conservation-focused groups working in the region. This year’s festival will feature more than 35 groups offering presentations and hand-on activities related to archery, urban birding, cycling/biking, gardening, geocaching, hiking, nature photography, bird box building and more.
For more information on Taste of the Wild and Step Outdoors, please visit www.steelstacks.org.