Downtown Bethlehem Businesses Unite to Conquer Pediatric Cancer Once Again During Penn State Lehigh Valley Day
BETHLEHEM, PA. (July 22, 2015) – Downtown Bethlehem Association (DBA) businesses are joining together again to raise funds for pediatric cancer research on Saturday, August 1 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in honor of Penn State Lehigh Valley Day.
Participating businesses will be donating 5% of their sales from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. to pediatric cancer research. Some businesses will also be offering a special item or discount to Penn State Lehigh Valley Day Passport Holders. See the full list below.
Passports are $10 and 100% of the will be donated to pediatric cancer research. The passport will be stamped by each participating business upon the customer’s visit and also enables the passport holder enter to win a DBA raffle basket featuring Penn State merchandise, gift certificates from participating businesses, and a two-night “Romantic Escape” accommodation package from Historic Hotel Bethlehem.
A downtown party will also be held on Main Street. An opening ceremony kicks off the event at 11 a.m. at the Goundie House. The Nittany Lion will be roaming the street, while live music and activities offer family-friendly fun. Social media users are encouraged to use the hashtag #PSULVDay2015 when posting comments or photos about the event.
Passports can be purchased online on the Downtown Bethlehem Association’s website or on EventBrite (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/penn-state-lehigh-valley-day-tickets-17278074185) prior to the event, or at the Hotel Bethlehem lobby the day of the event. Participation in the event is not limited to Penn State alumni –the event is open to all area residents and visitors.
Last year was the inaugural Penn State Lehigh Valley Day. The idea for the event was formed jointly between Penn State Lehigh Valley and the Hotel Bethlehem, which has been serving Penn State’s Berkey Creamery Ice Cream since September 2013.
According to the Downtown Bethlehem Association, the event was very successful last year and it was a no-brainer to host the event again.
This year, The Creamery is celebrating its 150th Anniversary. To celebrate, The Ice Cream Shop at Hotel Bethlehem will be serving The Creamery’s special anniversary flavor, Birthday Cake, which debuted earlier this month, and will offer one free scoop of ice cream to each passport holder.
The night before Penn State Lehigh Valley Day is an alumni-only event at Hotel Bethlehem. The Special Edition Blue & White Night, hosted by the Penn State Lehigh Valley Alumni Society, will be from 6:00-9:00 p.m. on July 31. This exclusive event for Penn State alumni will feature complementary appetizers, Penn State-themed beverages (cash bar) and the Berkey Creamery’s new 150th Anniversary Flavor, Birthday Cake. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the new Penn State Lehigh Valley Chancellor, Tina Q. Richardson. A special presentation will also be given at the event about the 150th Anniversary of the Creamery. The event is free for alumni, but space is limited. RSVP here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/blue-white-night-at-hotel-bethlehem-tickets-17742202405
Penn State Lehigh Valley Day participating DBA members include:
- Aardvark Sports Shop
- Among Friends Hair & Nail Salon – Basic manicure for $10 (regularly $15) and shampoo and style for $20 (regularly $30)
- Bethlehem Brew Works – One free 5 ounce flagship beer sample for guests 21 and over
- Donegal Square – 5 percent off merchandise
- Franklin Hill Vineyards – Complimentary sangria
- Hand Cut Crystal – 20 percent off regular-price merchandise. Some restrictions apply
- Intrigued Salon
- JewelWerks –customers will receive a free Chavez for Charity bracelet benefiting Alex’s Lemonade Stand with a $40 purchase
- McCarthy’s Red Stag Pub – 5 percent off your order. Free crisps or chips for each party when a drink is ordered. Special drink, Penn State Bite, to be sold
- Moravian Book Shop – 10 percent off all Penn State merchandise
- Musselman Jewelers
- Rockin’ Good Health LLC Therapeutic Massage – first five minutes of massage is free
- Season’s Olive Oil & Vinegar Tap Room
- Tapas on Main
- The Shoppe Ice Cream at Historic Hotel Bethlehem – free scoop of ice cream for passport holder
- The Shoppe at Hotel Bethlehem – 10 percent off your entire purchase
- Tap Room at Historic Hotel Bethlehem – Enjoy half price appetizer with purchase of an entrée