LCCC Holds “Students Fight Back” Empowerment Program
Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC) will hold a gender-neutral program that teaches campus safety and unites men and women in their fight against violence and rape while promoting victim advocacy. This diversity event will be held Thursday, Oct. 13, at 6 p.m., in Alumni Center (AC) rooms 107/108, at the main campus in Schnecksville, Pa.
“Students Fight Back” focuses on the active bystander, being a representative of enthusiastic consent, survivor support, verbal de-escalation skills for everyday life and boundary setting, as well as improving intuition and awareness and teaching the basics of personal safety and self-defense. This Title IX compliant program is both audience-interactive and engaging and is presented by a trained speaker. The program lasts approximately 75 minutes plus time for questions. Key components include:
• Using your intuition
• Safety tips – awareness, eye contact, verbal boundaries
• How to be an active bystander and a good ally
• The definition of consent
• How to support a survivor
• How to set boundaries that work for you
• Verbal de-escalation skills
• The basics of self-defense in our Badass Ballet (or Terminator Tango)
• Plus a review of improvised weapons, ground fighting and how to sign up for a full-contact adrenaline based self-defense course near you.
This event is open to the public and free of charge. For more information, contact LCCC’s Student Life office at ude.ccclnull@nedeg or 610-799-1146.
- Meeting Friendly
- Group Friendly
- Free Parking
- Oct 13, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Discover Lehigh Valley isn’t responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. This is a public calendar with information obtained by the respected event directly. Discover Lehigh Valley recommends calling the event directly prior to confirm the most up-to-date information. Thank you.