America On Wheels Museum
The American automobile has been the symbol of our nation’s drive to thrive since the early 1900s. Shift into reverse and look back at the early days of transportation. Our mission is to educate, entertain and showcase unique exhibits and preserve the historical, social and cultural impact of our nation’s transportation systems, while contributing to the revitalization of its community. America On Wheels believes that learning within a museum is self-motivated, self-directed and is lifelong. More than just a car collection, the museum features cars, trucks, motorcycles and bicycles as it tells two very important regional stories – the history of Mack Trucks and the early development of the automobile industry and highway system in Pennsylvania. The museum offers hands-on exhibits, three galleries including a Changing Exhibit Gallery, a library, learning areas, a Museum Store and a 1950’s HubCap Café.
Purchase your museum tickets by visiting the museum. Ticket prices are adults $10, Seniors (62+) $7, Students 6-16 $5, Children 5 and under FREE. Children 12 and under are always FREE on Sundays. Hours of operation: Winter (January through March) Wednesday through Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday Noon-4pm with the last ticket sale at 3pm. Summer (April through December) Tuesday through Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday Noon-5pm with the last ticket sale at 4pm. Visit www.americaonwheels.org for a wealth of information. Please know that hours and days of operation are subject to change due to facility rentals). We’re at the center of it all….the museum is a true adventure and exciting for all ages.
What's Nearby 5 N. Front St., Allentown
5 N. Front St.
Allentown, PA 18102
- coupons Buy one adult admission, get one free. Mobile Friendly
Upcoming Partner Events
Exhibit: Pony Cars: Then and Now
- Every Tue.. from Apr 11 – Sep 26, 2017 (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Every Wed.. from Apr 12 – Sep 27, 2017 (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Every Thu.. from Apr 13 – Sep 28, 2017 (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Every Fri.. from Apr 14 – Sep 29, 2017 (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Every Sat.. from Apr 15 – Sep 30, 2017 (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Every Sun.. from Apr 16 – Oct 1, 2017 (12:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
Heavy Equipment Petting Zoo at America On Wheels Museum
- May 6, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
LVHN's "Moms-to-Be" Community Baby Shower
- May 13, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Recent Blog Activity
- June 6th, 2016Enjoy a Day with Dad in Lehigh Valley
- November 7th, 2014Nine Lehigh Valley Holiday Activities To Try This Season
- June 5th, 2014Top Five Lehigh Valley Weekend Events for June 7 - 8