The Baum School of Art
For over 85 years, The Baum School of Art has been a community art school dedicated to providing instruction, guidance, and encouragement for children and adults through the study of the visual arts. The school’s work is deeply rooted in providing quality service to the community. The Baum School of Art has been a community art school in the truest sense of the word “community” since 1926, when Pennsylvania Impressionist artist Dr. Walter Emerson Baum led a class of public school teachers in a quest to more vividly convey the principles of art to their students.
Today The Baum School of Art is located in the vibrant arts district in downtown Allentown, and serves over 3,000 students year round with almost 350 classes. The school’s exceptionally talented faculty teach courses for children, teens, and adults in drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, jewelry and metalsmithing, fashion design, photography, graphic design, illustration, and others. Young students may also enroll in pre-school and homeschool art classes and the ever-popular summer art camps are a favorite amongst children and teens. Visiting artists conduct specialized workshops during the year for adult students. Known for its community outreach, The Baum School of Art provides financial assistance, scholarship and community programs for over 1,000 students a year.
The Baum School of Art’s David E. Rodale and Rodale Family Galleries boast 12-14 exhibitions a year, showcasing regional, national, and international artists, as well as exhibitions of faculty and student work. Every May, the School hosts an annual art auction with over 300 pieces up for bid in both a live and silent auction.
The Baum School of Art is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Pre-collegiate Art Schools and has been a member of the National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts since 1987.
What's Nearby 510 Linden St., Allentown
Upcoming Partner Events
Allentown's '80s Art Scene Revisited
- Every Fri.. from Jul 14 – Jul 28, 2017 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Every Mon.. from Jul 17 – Jul 31, 2017 (9:00 am – 9:00 pm)
- Every Tue.. from Jul 18 – Aug 1, 2017 (9:00 am – 9:00 pm)
- Every Wed.. from Jul 19 – Aug 2, 2017 (9:00 am – 9:00 pm)
- Every Thu.. from Jul 20 – Jul 27, 2017 (9:00 am – 9:00 pm)
Recent Blog Activity
- February 10th, 2015Find Out What Makes Lehigh Valley's Arts and Culture Scene Flourish
- December 9th, 2014Some of Our Favorite Lehigh Valley Organizations to Donate To
- February 13th, 2013Japanese Artists Visit Lehigh Valley as Part of "Lollipop: Gutai Influences"