Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts

map
Bethlehem

The Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts (Charter Arts), opened in 2003, celebrates its twelfth year as one of the most respected high schools for the arts in the nation.  Each graduating class of about 105 students earns close to $2.5 million in scholarships and grants to attend some of the most prestigious colleges, universities and arts conservatories in the nation, like Bryn Mawr College, Cornell University, and Boston Conservatory.

Charter Arts is an audition-based, tuition-free, public charter school that provides a comprehensive curriculum for high school students, grades 9-12, who have a passion for the arts. Students major in one of seven artistic areas: dance, theatre, vocal music, instrumental music, figure skating, literary arts or visual art.  Any student who resides in Pennsylvania, who is entering 9th-11th grade is eligible to audition. Auditions are scheduled in February/March for the following school year.

The Charter Arts regional model enables students from a wide geographic area to maximize their special talents in the arts, while building a strong, developmental foundation for post-secondary education and the work force.

The school offers a full complement of core courses at the College Preparatory (CP), Honors, and Advanced Placement (AP) levels. The course catalog consists of more than 150 courses ranging from traditional core courses to pre-professional courses in the arts.

Charter Arts’ rigorous curriculum fosters both academic and artistic excellence.  The school’s impressive PA School Performance Profile (SPP) Academic Score of 88, AP and Keystone exam statistics, SAT scores, prestigious artistic accolades, and 99% graduation rate are a testament to the outstanding education Charter Arts provides.

To learn more about the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts, visit www.CharterArts.org or call 610-868-2971.  Charter Arts is located at 321 E. Third Street in the heart of the arts and cultural district of south Bethlehem.

What's Nearby 675 E. Broad St., Bethlehem

Upcoming Partner Events

Lost-River-WAG-C2A